Skip to main content

BOBBY BOYD - Love Goddess (Athens Of The North)


BOBBY BOYD - Love Goddess (Athens Of The North) Athens Of The North have worked with some OGs and veterans in their time but Bobby Boyd is by far one of the biggest and influential. Cutting his teeth in the Lafayette Afro Rock Band before going solo, he recorded a whole host of material that remained unreleased. Until now. "Love Goddess" kicks off the collection with a northern soul stomp, big harmonies backed by a tight, slippery funk groove while "Good News" is golden era Boyd funk with its bright horn work, positive sentiment and driving soul energy. This is an amazing piece of investigatory work by Fryer and co. And there's more, too...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD SHOES - The Photos On My Wall (Brille) [ oiça aqui ] Comentários: Rock, New Wave, Pop, Indie; Editado a 25 de Dezembro no formato vinil 7", contém as faixas "The Photos On My Wall" e "Beautiful"; Site Oficial , My Space .

BAMBOOS, The - I Don't Wanna Stop

BAMBOOS, The - I Don't Wanna Stop (Tru Thoughts) Comentários: "Some great new stuff... Killer!" (Mr Scruff)"The funk album of the year" (BBC 6Music)"Most obscenely talented and ubiquitous funkateer in the UK" (Lance Ferguson - One Week to Live)"Incendiary... With the straight-up soul contributions from Kylie Auldist (sounding like Sharon Jones at her best on 'I Don't Wanna Stop') 'Rawville' is arguably the best funk album of the modern era." (I-DJ)"It's a sound you will want to dance around the kitchen to again and again" (The Independent on Sunday)...Just a few of the reactions to previous Bamboos projects on Tru ThoughtsThe Bamboos collaborate to dazzling, deep, funky effect with vocalist extraordinaire and new Tru Thoughts signing Kylie Auldist, on the soulful new single release of "I Don't Wanna Stop".Offering up a different experience to the original album version (on The Bamboos' 2007...