Skip to main content

LARRY ACHIAMPONG - Meh Mogya (Sample Of Me)


LARRY ACHIAMPONG - Meh Mogya (Sample Of Me) (Look Mama) Comentários: This is special. The first side itches identity, family and culture via a raw, Madlibbed, fucked-up re-jigging of classic, scratchy Ghanaian highlife, lit up by sampled fighting talk from the great Kwame Nkrumah. The flip drops the same B-Boy science along Edgware Road in West London — the highlife gone, the hiphop turning spooked Bass, incorporating ambient recording and the tough poetry and pithy interjections of a bunch of Fresh Start students, and passers-by. Silk-screened sleeves; two hundred copies in all. Warmly recommended. via phonica. [Buy Here]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD SHOES - The Photos On My Wall (Brille) [ oiça aqui ] Comentários: Rock, New Wave, Pop, Indie; Editado a 25 de Dezembro no formato vinil 7", contém as faixas "The Photos On My Wall" e "Beautiful"; Site Oficial , My Space .

BAMBOOS, The - I Don't Wanna Stop

BAMBOOS, The - I Don't Wanna Stop (Tru Thoughts) Comentários: "Some great new stuff... Killer!" (Mr Scruff)"The funk album of the year" (BBC 6Music)"Most obscenely talented and ubiquitous funkateer in the UK" (Lance Ferguson - One Week to Live)"Incendiary... With the straight-up soul contributions from Kylie Auldist (sounding like Sharon Jones at her best on 'I Don't Wanna Stop') 'Rawville' is arguably the best funk album of the modern era." (I-DJ)"It's a sound you will want to dance around the kitchen to again and again" (The Independent on Sunday)...Just a few of the reactions to previous Bamboos projects on Tru ThoughtsThe Bamboos collaborate to dazzling, deep, funky effect with vocalist extraordinaire and new Tru Thoughts signing Kylie Auldist, on the soulful new single release of "I Don't Wanna Stop".Offering up a different experience to the original album version (on The Bamboos' 2007...